We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Public Policy and Government Affairs
- Oversee the activities of the Public Policy and GovernmentAffairs Unit in maintaining effective relationships with relevantfederal/state/local government departments and agencies to ensure an enablingenvironment for EMTS activities.
- To further track and manage policies ofgovernment across Nigeria through lobbying at formulation stages and advise theCompany on compliance when policies are issued.
- Represent EMTS atgovernment functions as approved by the Vice President, Regulatory &Corporate Affairs to achieve corporate presence and promote the EMTS brand.
- Continuouslyassist in reviewing the unit's activities, make recommendations for improvementand implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintainrelationships with key internal and external stakeholders (including ministriesand government agencies).
- Lobby and makeinputs to public policies across all tiers of government in Nigeria
- Provide PublicPolicy leadership and develop strategic Public Policy agenda for the Business
- Develop and manageeffective working relationship with key public Officials at the Federal, Stateand Local levels.
- Identify KeyMinistries and Agencies of government at all tiers for effective tracking ofpolicies of government
- Maintain a matrixof key policy directions and provide Quarterly review to the company
- Identify keygovernment stakeholders and initiate regular meetings with them as required.
- Provide relevantguidance to EMTS on issues relating to government regulations and requirements.
- Establish, developand maintain effective corporate relationship with identified governmentstakeholders. Ensure that EMTS's management has adequate access to such keystakeholders as required.
- Track, manage andlead lobby effort on public policies during formulation and at implementationstages
- Provide advisoryon public policies and also periodic audit of such policies to ensure theCompany is aware of these policies.
- Provide advisorysupport on key government matters especially as it relates to the telecomsindustry.
- Conduct regularpolitical audits and provide periodic intelligence reports on emerging issues,developments/trends as required.
- Implement theunit's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures andguidelines.
- Plan and managethe human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, moraleand enhance productivity.
- Manageinter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmentalfunctions.
- Provide leadershipand guidance to team members and manage subordinates' performance towards theachievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor andcontrol the budgetary needs of the Head, Public Policy & Government Affairsunit.
- Prepare/compileagreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the VicePresident, Regulatory & Corporate Affairs.
- Performany other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Regulatory & CorporateAffairs.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a relatedfield will be an added advantage.
- Nine (9) totwelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in amanagerial role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online